Recipe: Made with Love Jellies
These jellies were created with Mums in mind who sometimes need to recharge their superhero powers! Anti-inflammatory, pro thyroid, packed with cortisol busting nutrients and a metabolic boost to boot. Ideal as a treat but when eaten with cheese, yoghurt or ice cream of your choosing it morphs into a great snack – the perfect foil for keeping stress at bay.
By Kitsa Yanniotis
- 3 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice (strained)
- 2 lemons juiced and strained
- 9 tablespoons Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- A few drops of Lecker’s Organic Orange Oil (optional)
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Silicone Moulds
- Sprinkle gelatin over orange and lemon juice in a saucepan - let it bloom for 5 minutes and then stir with a whisk to dissolve.
- Heat gently while whisking until the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add salt.
- Remove from heat once dissolved and stir through the honey and orange oil if using.
- Let it cool then pour into a glass jug to facilitate pouring into the silicone moulds. (If you don't have moulds you can pour them into a glass pyrex dish and put them in the fridge for a couple of hours to set).
- Place in the freezer to set for about 20 minutes and then pop them out into a glass pyrex storage dish to store in the fridge. They will also keep at room temperature if you need to leave them out of the fridge.
- Makes about 30 heart shaped jellies.