Magnesium Flakes 250g
- Food-grade quality magnesium chloride salt with sea trace minerals
- Laboratory tested – No mercury or lead
- Contain over 16% elemental magnesium ions
Magnesium has so many therapeutic benefits yet most of us do not get the daily recommended amount. Elektra Magnesium Chloride Flakes contain over 16% elemental magnesium and have the added synergy of sea trace minerals. They are naturally evaporated from sea water in a pristine region of the Tibetan Plateau and are quality food grade salts which can also be used for mouthwash and drinking water, as well as bathing. They are tested in Australia by an independent laboratory, with no mercury and no lead detected in tests down to 10ppb.
The great benefit of Magnesium through bath or foot soak is that you absorb magnesium via the skin much more efficiently than if you were to ingest tablets and powders, which are hard to digest and absorb properly through the gut wall. According to researchers the average person is lucky if they even get 20% of the magnesium from tablets making it to tissue cells inside the body. The majority is excreted toо fast. If you try to compensate by taking extra oral doses it causes the stool to liquefy, in which case the magnesium is lost tоо quickly.
Recommended dilution and uses:
- BATH: 2 cups per bath.
- FOOTSOAK: 1 dessertspoon in half bucket hot water.
- MASSAGE or COMPRESS: 50g or 60g per 100ml water (adjust lower for sensitive skin). You can also apply additional plant oil to massage. With direct application to skin in massage or compress you may experience temporary tingling sensation. The solution may be diluted further if required. As magnesium cellular stores are replenished the tingling sensation dissipates.
- MOUTHWASH: 1 teaspoon per 250-350ml purified water. Store solution away from daylight. This dilution can also be used as an eye make up remover with application to cotton applicator.
- MINERAL WATER: To restore minerals in drinking water after distillation, reverse osmosis filtering, or in rain water, add about 5 flakes (small pinch) in 1.25 litres water.
Elektra Magnesium Information:
Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate (Food Grade). 98% MgC12.6H20 (min 46% magnesium chloride)