Pure Gusto™ powder is a unique prebiotic fibre supplement suitable for people of all ages who wish to optimize gastrointestinal and immune function. This potent combination of prebiotic galactooligosaccharides and the immunomodulatory soluble dietary fibre, beta-glucan, helps beneficially modify intestinal microbiota to promote intestinal health and therefore, strengthen the immune system.
- Casein and gluten free
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Viable alternative to chicory-based prebiotics
- Works synergistically with probiotics.
Pure Gusto prebiotic benefits
- Promotes a healthy balance of intestinal microflora: A diverse population of "friendly" bacteria colonizes the gastrointestinal tract and exerts a key role in health and well-being. By serving as a food and energy source for beneficial bacteria, prebiotics help stimulate the growth and activity of a healthy intestinal microflora. Pure Gusto™ provides galactooligosaccharides, a type of prebiotic that naturally occurs in human and cow's milk that stimulates the growth of healthful Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus species in the gut
- Supports healthy immune responses: By promoting a healthy balance of intestinal microflora, prebiotics support the development and maintenance of a healthy immune system. Galactooligosaccharides and beta-glucan, a soluble fiber with prebiotic activities, have also been shown to have additional immune supportive properties. Both ingredients help regulate a balance between Th1 and Th2 immune responses that help protect the body from harmful pathogens and promote immune tolerance to harmless dietary and environmental allergens
- Protects against intestinal pathogens: Healthful intestinal bacteria ferment prebiotics, such as galactooligosaccharides into short-chain fatty acids. These short-chain fatty acids beneficially increase the intestinal acidity (lower pH), which creates an inhospitable environment for pathogen growth. Beta-glucan may also provide additional support by stimulating an immune response to a wide spectrum of pathogens, including fungal (Candida albicans), Gram-positive (Staphylococcus aureus), and Gram-negative (E. coli) microorganisms.
Galactooligosaccharides, Beta-Glucan (purified from Saccharomyces cerevisiae).
Take 1 scoop daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Mix powder in cold, warm, or hot foods or beverages as desired. Sensitive individuals: About 1/2 scoop daily.
Store in a cool, dry area.