Activated charcoal, is carbon that has been activated with oxidised gases (such as steam or air) at high temperature, increasing its adsorption capacity by making it very porous.
When activated charcoal is taken, it acts like a “magnet” to adsorb gas, toxins or foreign substances from the body.
When taken internally, activated charcoal supports the digestive-intestinal system to adsorb excess gas in the gastrointestinal tract, this helps provide relief from bloating, fullness and flatulence.
Indications for use
- Symptomatic relief of non-specific dyspepsia or abdominal discomfort
- Provides relief to those experiencing symptoms of excess flatulence
- To help adsorb unwanted gas and toxins in the lower intestinal tract
- Provides relief from the symptoms of overeating or drinking
- Charcoal provides relief from the discomfort caused by excess gas in the gastrointestinal tract
Contains: Charcoal (Activated) powder 260mg
Dosage: Adults: Take 1-2 capsules at least 30 minutes before meals up to three times per day.
Free from: yeast, soy, added sugars, lactose, gluten, starch, artificial colourings and flavourings, or preservatives.
- Products containing activated charcoal should be used with caution in children since it may interfere with absorption of nutrients
- Activated charcoal may interact with other medicines and may affect the absorption of medications and nutrients. Take 2 hours away from prescriptive medicines and complementary medicines – vitamins, minerals and herbal preparations
- Activated charcoal is not recommended for long-term use
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Not to be taken by persons with an obstruction of the intestines or if the person swallowed a corrosive agent, such as a strong acid or alkali
- May cause darkening of stool
- Not recommended for use by pregnant or lactating women