GutZyme Restore HLC & enzyme supplement by Organic 3 is the original GutZyme formula. Suitable for people who are following the GAPS protocol or are restricting their grains and carbohydrate intake and are looking not only to restore their HCL levels, but also want to maximise the absorption of fats, proteins, minerals and other nutrients. It is the only digestive supplement on the market that combines a gentle dose of HCL (hydrochloric acid) and pepsin for people with low stomach acid production - with enzymes for protein, fat and carbohydrate digestion.
The common products on the market have a high dose of HCL, which can be harsh on the digestive system and yield symptoms like heartburn. Organic 3's unique formula gives you a lower dose of HCL and three different types of lipase, an enzyme that helps digest fat. People transitioning to a Paleo or Ancestral Diet with a higher fat content rave about this formula, as it helps them comfortably digest their food immediately.
Note: These capsules cannot be given to children as the HCL can be corrosive to tooth enamel and irritate the esophagus (as would stomach acid coming back up the digestive tract). Keep out of reach of children.
Suggested Use: 2 capsules with each meal or as directed by a physician
Do Not chew or open capsules. This produce should not be taken on an empty stomach.
Free from common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast and soybeans. Contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
*Can be used in tandem or sequentially with GutZyme® Assist, which does not have HCL and pepsin but has more digestive enzymes for carbs and veggies. Some customers start with GutZyme® Restore and then move onto only GutZyme® Assist after their HCL levels are up. Some use the two in tandem for different meals over the same day.
- Gives you 200 mg of HCL per capsule to help you bolster digestion of proteins in the stomach and discourage the survival of harmful microorganisms.
- Per capsule, gives you 8 mg pepsin and 20,000 HUI protease peptidase complex with exopeptidase and DPP-IV activity for optimal protein digestion, that may support casein and gluten digestion.
- Gives you three different types of lipase, providing 500 FIP (Fungal Lipase International Standard, or 1 unit of enzyme activity) for help digesting fats.
- Contains amylase, lactase and phytase for digestion of starches, dairy and vegetables.
- Is encapsulated in vegetarian, cellulose capsules.